Friday, June 8, 2012

The Three Best Friends That Anyone Could Have - Kaylyn

Meet Kaylyn Cherie Shinners:

Kaylyn Shinners (previously Swanson) recently married her high school sweetheart Joe. Kaylyn received her associates degree from USU and is now enrolled in the BYU nursing program, and killing it might I add. Kay and Joe are also in the process of becoming homeowners - they rock! Kaylyn is an athlete through and through and will take you on in any sport and most likely come out on top.

Kaylyn and I were in the same Kindergarten class; one day while playing on the bee infested playground we found each other and we asked each other if we wanted to be friends and have been inseparable ever since. I can honestly say that Kaylyn was my very first best friend ever. Kaylyn is the mediator in our group. Everyone talks to her to get a message out to the rest of the group. She always knows what's going on with everyone else. Kaylyn is a faithful friend, I have never doubted that she will be there for me and my family until the day I die. I'm pretty positive my mom has mistaken Kaylyn for me on several occassions.

Most Memorable Moments with Kaylynnie:
-Going to her house after school without telling my mom and getting in REALLY big trouble
-Playing on every single sports team with Kay - usually the coaches were my parents or hers
-Peeling crayons and pretending to read in Mrs. Gillies class
-Fourwheel Sledding in the backyard and almost killing Nisa by running her into a fence
-Having fights about who Brindley said she liked more
-Begging our parents to let us have sleepovers and staying up for hours
-Always knowing that I have a friend for life who won't leave me for anything

Thanks for reading my blog too Kay, you're super great! I can't believe you have stuck with me through all these years. I have loved growing up with you and seeing how amazing you have become. I have become a better person just from knowing you. I sure do love ya girlie! We will always be BFFs.

XOXO Karlie

(I have) the three best friends that anyone could have and we'll never ever ever leave eachother!
 - The Hangover

4 comments:

  1. :) One of my favorite memories with kaylyn is when she had to touch all the guys bottoms blind folded :) Haha. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I still have to get you back for that one Nisa! Thanks Karlie Sue!!! I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled across your blog on another friends blog, this is so fun to find, I went to school with Jake and its so neat to see what people are doing with their lives!!!

    ReplyDelete