Tuesday, August 2, 2011

One Step Closer

I applied for graduation today.
I told UVU that I have taken the classes I need to, passed the important tests, handed in the critical assignments and learned the required material.
I told UVU that I'm done for now and moving on to better things.
I told UVU I'm ready for the "real world."
I told UVU my future students are waiting for me to teach them about where Vitamin D comes from, what type of learner they may be, how to remain abstinent, and ways to avoid peer pressure.

Now UVU knows that I'm ready to put on my teacher clothes and test out my teacher voice.
UVU knows I'm about to make great seating arrangements and grade assignments I designed.
They know I'm going to deal with tough students and even tougher parents.
But most of all, UVU knows that I'm going to be the best 8th and 9th grade health teacher that Springville Junior High School has ever seen and I'm going to love every minute of it.
(Even if it is only Student Teaching for 4 months without pay...)

3 comments:

  1. You go girl!!! You'll be a great health teacher and UVU knows it!!! We're very proud of you!
    Love from the Oregonians

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYAYA! Way to go Karlie, this is great! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to tell them!!! Now go educate young minds!!! I love you babe! You are so smart and beautiful. I am proud you're my best friend. I knew you were amazing even back in kindergarten ;)

    ReplyDelete