Thursday, October 11, 2012

Mrs. Mitchell is Back

On Monday I get to have my own little slice of heaven because I get to start teaching again. 

Even though  it is only for 4 hours a day. 
Even though I have to wake up at 5:30 a.m. to be in Herriman by 7:00. 
Even though it is only for 2 months for a lady on maternity leave. 
Even though it means I will be working two jobs totaling over 50 hours a week plus 3 hrs driving each day. 
Even though it doubles my commuting time. 
Even though I will be taking a pay cut.
Even though I had to jump through hoops just to get registered in the district to take the job.

I still couldn't be happier to be teaching again. 

I will be teaching three 8th grade health classes at Fort Herriman Middle School and I am just thrilled! 
I also really appreciate my current job at S&J being so wonderful and understanding and allowing me this chance to teach. 

Here's to a very busy but very enjoyable 2 months! 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you Karlie!! You're an excellent teacher :) They're going to love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dood! You are like a mile down the road from my school then! We have to meet up and do lunch or something! I am way excited for you! The commute sucks but you will be awesome! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't remember what school you were teaching at so the first day I was teaching I asked the students if they knew a Mrs. Holdaway and where she was teaching. They said you didn't teach there so I got a little bummed but that's sweet that you're so close! We should meet up! The commute is killer, it's so far from the freeway! It's a good thing the students are great so it makes up for it. :)

      Delete
  3. Good luck Mrs. Mitchell! You'll be a great teacher! Enjoy it all you can!

    ReplyDelete