Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mothers Day

I just wanted to give a shout out to my beautiful mother. She is an amazing lady and I am so lucky to call her my mom. Here are just a few reasons why she is so swell...

-She can clean like a mad woman!! I don't know anyone who has a more spotless home than my mothers. She vacuums at least twice a day, she makes her bed every morning, she dusts and sweeps multiple times a week, and just loves to be organized!!

-My mom knows everything about her kids lives... I'm not entirely sure what all of her sources are, but somehow she finds out about anything and everything. I remember hating this in high school but now I love it, she can just read me and knows exactly what to say.

-Susan Jensen may not be an athlete herself, but she sure has the attitude of an athlete. She will scream at the TV during U of U games, let the Real Salt Lake know what they are doing wrong, and clue the refs in that they don't know how to make a right call. This embarrasses me on a regular basis, but it's something I will always love about my mom. She always had my back and she's not afraid to speak her mind!

-My mother can carry on a conversation with ANYONE!! She always knows something about everyone. Whether it be a stranger in the store or a neighbor from 10 years ago, she always has something to chat about.

-Mom loves. She loves deep and hard. It's not easy for her to let go of those she loves either. I remember my mom crying for months after our dogs died because she just loved them so much. She reminds each of us how much she loves us each day too and I will forever be grateful for that.

-Sue has a whistle that you can spot from 3 blocks down. When we would play night games growing up everyone in the neighborhood learned my mom's whistle and knew when it was time to make our way home. I envy this whistle. To this day, Katie, Caden and I turn and run whenever we hear mom's whistle.

-Back flips ain't no thang for my mom. She will jump on the trampoline (while crossing her legs so nothing leaks out...) and show off her swivel hips and back handsprings because ya know, she was a gymnast once.

-My mom can't wait to have grandchildren! She acts like it doesn't matter when we have kids but we all know she is so excited. She loves babies so much!

-She is my mother! She raised me and my two wonderful siblings and I couldn't be more proud of the family that I have. She is an amazing woman and I love her with all my heart and I always will. Happy Mothers Day Mom!

1 comment:

  1. She is a wonderful woman Karlie and has raised some wonderful kids! I am happy my son gets to have her as his 2nd mother! Tell her hello for me!

    ReplyDelete