Friday, May 11, 2012

Happy (Late) Birthday Mama Mitchell!!

Things have been crazy busy at work and with packing up to move I feel bad that this has taken so long but I want to wish a happy birthday to my mother-in-law Julie! I couldn't have asked for a better mother for my husband. She is such an amazing lady and I have so much to learn from her! So... Here's a list of the many things I love about Mama Mitchell:

- She can cook a mean meal for a huge group of people. Everytime we go out there or she comes here it's amazing how much food she can make and how great it tastes! It's not just about quantity, she's got the quality as well. Delicious! Not to mention that she has 6 full grown sons, 1 full grown husband, 4 daughter-in-laws, 2 daughters, and 3 grandchildren to feed... that's a lot of food! And her sons can definitely eat... I learned quickly in the Mitchell house that her food is very desirable and if you don't act fast, you don't eat... (Jake still applies this rule with just the two of us, sometimes life can be rough...)
- She has sent all 6 sons on missions around the world. Three to Brazil (Doug, Matt and Patrick), one to California (Ben), one to Mexico (Jake), and one to Honduras (James). What an incredible accomplishment!
- All of her children are well on their way to graduating college with great degrees leading to great careers. (So far a Lawyer and lots of doctors)
- She has maintained a loving relationship with her husband of many years which seems like a tough feat in the world these days. Such a great example for all of her children to look up to.
- Her family was raised in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. She held many memorable family home evenings that her kids still talk about today. She served in many callings to touch many lives and spread the gospel to those that are in need.
- Julie knows how to make you feel truly loved! She makes sure you are happy and comfortable. She's the first to wish you a happy birthday, the first to congratulate you on a big accomplishment, and the first to console you when something hard has happened in life. She's knows what to say and how to say it perfectly and she always lets you know that someone out there is thinking about you.
- If I had to pick the most selfless person in the world, it would be Julie. Everyone will just be sitting around chatting or watching TV and Julie will always be up fixing food for us, cleaning the house, or preparing a different activity for us to do. She is constantly doing service or thinking of something nice to do for someone else. She is the first to think of others and the last to think of herself.
- She is a mom through and through. In my opinion, this is the best thing in the world. She knows how to comfort her kids, she is always thinking of them, she has creative activities, she loves unconditionally, she knows everything about them, she respects them but yet knows how to discipline them... she knows how to be a mom. She is going to be such a great help when I become a mom, she will show me the ropes.
- She's my mother-in-law and I love everything about her. This list is just a tiny preview as to all the amazing things she can do. Thanks for being such a great mom, love you!

3 comments:

  1. I second everything you said Karlie. Wonderful words for a truly wonderful mother!
    I love you Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you too my dear Taylor! So happy Matt nabbed you, making you part of the family! I love you too!

      Delete
  2. It's Mother's Day and after spending a lovely day skyping with ALL my children, I decided to spend some time tonight doing another one of my favorite things......reading their blogs! Karlie.....you brought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye with your kind words! The greatest accomplishment 4 of my sons have done so far is choose 4 beautiful (inside and outside) women to be their wives; therefore enriching my life even more! I love you Karlie and so very happy Jacob found you! I am truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete