Friday, March 23, 2012

Memories

Two years ago today I walked into classes at UVU a naive 19 year old girl with a brand new shiny jewel on my finger that my BOYFRIEND at the time had given me the night before. I had just reached the ranks of the "engaged girl," and I fit the stereotype in every way. I was so excited to show off my super cool new bling to everyone I saw, even if we didn't really know each other. I used my left hand for everything I could so that people were forced to look at my shiny new addition and make some sort of comment about it. I used the word fiance as often as possible and tried to make it sound as casual as I could. I was excited and I wanted the world to know it, Jacob Lester Mitchell had claimed me to be his for eternity!!

Today, I walk into work at Siegfried and Jensen graduated from college and all grown up (sort of) with the same sparkly ring on my finger with the addition of a simple band that my now HUSBAND has given me. I no longer flaunt my ring around but instead, I flaunt my husband around. Even though it's been two years since the day he asked me to be his, I still look forward to calling him my husband every opportunity that I get. My stomach gets butterflies when he texts me, calls me, looks at me that special way, and when he comes home from work or school after a long day. I love my husband and I couldn't be happier that he asked me to marry him.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!!! Happy Engagement Anniversary you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made my day Karlie!!! So cute! Jacob is the best!

    ReplyDelete