Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Bakers

Before I talk about the baking, I just wanted to post this picture. It's my friends and their significant others, this picture just makes me so happy!! :)

Now onto the baking... so Katie got some awesome frosting baking supplies so we decided to try out our skills at making an awesome cake. We made fondant, buttercream frosting, a two layer cake, and cupcakes. It was legit!! They turned out decent for our first attempt if I might say so myself.


The kitchen was a mess!! Thanks mom for unknowingly letting us use your kitchen.

The fondant was really tough to roll out. I was honestly sweating, such a great workout.



The buttercream frosting took about 2 pounds of butter and powdered sugar to finally work out. It didn't taste as wonderful as we were hoping. It was our first try though, next time it will be a great success.

The finished product, Katie did such a great job!

We wanted Caden to use them to aska girl to sweethearts but he said it was too late of notice. Bummer, at least it was a fun Saturday night for us...

No comments:

Post a Comment