Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Manly Vehicle

 I used to think that my little brother Caden was spoiled.. until he got his "new" car.

When my sister turned 16, she was given a new PT Cruiser. When I turned 16, I received a Jeep Liberty. Caden is almost 16 and his lucky car (by choice) ... a '91 rusted, beat up, missing parts, needing fixing, Frod Bronco!

Although, Caden often points out to me that his car is not ghetto because it has a sick lift, two huge subwoofers (spelling??) that make your heart skip a beat, lockers... (which apparently stop the wheels from spinning when you get stuck in mud and stuff, not to be confused with school lockers - this is what I thought he meant by lockers)...  and it sounds tough when you drive it.

However, the steering wheel and hood of the car shake until you reach over 40 mph, the something-or-other-I-can't-remember-the-name leaks all the time which makes it so the car doesn't pass inspection, the side paneling in the car is missing, there is rust all over, the floors are permanently stained with dust, the doors don't open very well from the inside, the cup holder falls out on several occasions, there are three mysterious buttons that no one knows what they do, the car shakes so much from the subwoofers that CDs skip and the radio is on the verge of dying.

I started to feel bad for the kid until I realized just how happy this car makes him. It's a project! Him and Dad get to work on the car constantly because there is so much to fix. He feels like a big tough guy when he drives it because it is so huge! When he fixes something, he feels a sense of accomplishment and ownership over his car. If he gets in an accident and messes up his car, it doesn't really matter too much. Not to mention how cheap it was. (It probably won't be so cheap after they put all the money into fixing it...) Even if I think this thing is pretty ghetto, I'm glad it makes him so happy!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment