Friday, October 21, 2016

More Kid Conversations

Marlie: Mom - you forgot to say prayers. If we don't pray, then Jesus won't want to come into our house.

I have been doing a lot of work at home lately since we are currently short staffed. I can tell that the girls have been noticing it by little conversations I have with them. For example see below:

June: Mom, you have to be quiet, it's my work calling. (She then "answers" her pretend phone) Access Home Care, this is June, how can I help you?

I used to work with a lady that got sick one day but still came into the office. The kids wanted to come visit me at work that day but I told them they couldn't because there was a sick lady there and I didn't want them to get sick. Now they are constantly asking me - "How is the sick lady at work?"
 Whenever I get a work call, "Was that your sick lady?"
Whenever they get a pretend work call on their phone - "Hang on mom, it's my sick lady at work."
This lady was sick ONE DAY, and it was months ago. She hasn't even worked with me for over a month, but she will always be referred to as the sick lady - poor lady!


No comments:

Post a Comment