Monday, July 11, 2011

My Jacob Lester Mitchell

Some days I just sit back and wonder how I was so lucky to get Jake to be my husband. Jake is seriously a stud! Since we are coming up on our one year anniversary this Thursday, I decided that for today's blog, I'm just gonna brag on my wonderful honey! (I also might mention a few weird things he does...)

First off, Jake is a wonderful husband and I love him! The things that I mention below are not to make him change what he does, but just point out some of his little quarks that I have grown to love!

Jacob Lester Mitchell is an identical twin. He was an Eagle Scout by age 14. Jake speaks fluent Spanish but hates tomatoes, mayo and when I critique his driving. Mr. Mitchell has spent a full night in prison and is a regular plasma donor (twice a week, every week!) Jacob can spin a basketball, a pillow, a football, a book... pretty much anything on each of his fingers. He has been on an episode of AFV (America's Funniest Home Videos, national television baby!) Jake has held twelve jobs in his life ranging from a firefighter, to a pre-school teacher, to a carpet cleaner. My honey has beat the video game punch out and become a boyhood hero for doing so. Even though Jake tells really long stories he always keeps me entertained. Jake can drive with his knees and still has a great sense of direction. Mr. Jacob folds his toilet paper before use, but can't figure out how to fold a towel. He can do the Rubik's cube and go for days without sleep. J. Lester is a snowboarder and a Plants versus Zombies Champ (Two times!) He always brushes his tongue 'til he gags and can "elbow dance" to any song. Jake has been known to quote entire movies and cook surprisingly well. My husband is rarely sick, he claims to be "puke free since '93!" He comes from a family of ten and almost drowned twice in his life. He's not a fan of bugles or butterscotch but loves to correct people and the smell of maneur. His pain tolerance is the highest of anyone I know, he once took a knee to the thigh and broke the guys knee cap (not really, but pretty close) and destroyed a snowmobile and came out uninjured. Mr. Mitchell has broken the secret to cutting onions and not crying (he chews gum.)

And last but not least, Jake has mastered the skill of making his wife feel like the luckiest girl in the world! I sure do love my Jacob Lester Mitchell and I'm so happy to call him my husband!

3 comments:

  1. "Puke free since '93" is from How I Met Your Mother, so in my book Jake is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure Jake didn't write this post? I'm not convinced ;) I'll probably be back to read it again, I loved it THAT much! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha, I've been back to read this at least 3 times now. I just read it out loud to Tyson and he laughed as much as I did =0)

    ReplyDelete